:: It’s back and we want to hear from you. Our 15th Annual WIC Best Practices Survey is open March 14-April 14.
A comprehensive analysis of the state of consulting businesses in the Bay Area
It’s hard to believe but this is the 15th year WIC has run our best practices survey. Over the years, it’s offered interesting insights into the evolution of Bay Area consulting businesses, such as billing trends and rates, consulting expertise and specialties, structure and operations.
Our survey is open March 14 to April 14, 2017 and takes only 10 – 15 minutes to complete. So please help us to help you with an in-depth look at the state of best practices across Bay Area consulting firms. You can access the survey here:
Whether you’ve completed the survey in the past or are new to it, we appreciate you taking the time to make our data as comprehensive as possible. You’ll also receive a free copy of the final survey when it is released in June. Plus, everyone who participates is entered into a drawing for a free WIC workshop or general meeting.
Whether your business continues to expand, has experienced a slowdown or turnaround, or is consistent with last year, we want to hear about your experiences. Please also feel free to pass the survey link along to other consultants outside of the WIC Community. The more people who complete the survey, the more meaningful the results will be. And yes, male consultants are welcome to participate.
Again, the survey closes April 7, 2017.
Some Important Details
- The survey takes 10 – 15 minutes to complete.
- All participants who complete the survey receive the results (normally a member only benefit!) and are entered into a drawing to win one of five prizes (whether or not they’re WIC members): a seat in any future WIC workshop (1 winner) or a voucher for one recorded webinar (4 winners)
- Contact WIC if you have any questions or encounter any problems.
- All information collected during the survey is confidential.
- The survey asks some detailed questions about your business for the 2016 calendar year, so be prepared with the following information:
- Total revenue for 2016
- Average hourly rate (if applicable)
- Average retainer fee (if applicable)
- Average project fee (if applicable)
- Target hourly rate in project fees (if applicable)
- Number of subcontractors used
- Total amount paid to subcontractors and/or employees
In addition to the report that WIC sends to all participants (an email address is required), we also present the results at a members-only meeting held at Michaels at Shoreline on Thursday, June 15. Perhaps this would be a perfect time to go ahead and join WIC as a Premium or Leaders Network member prior to the meeting?
If you’re a Basic member and would like to attend this popular annual event, upgrade to a Premium or Leaders Network membership, and WIC will apply the amount left on your existing membership to your full membership.
Thank you in advance for participating. We appreciate your time and value your input. And please forward this blog post to other consultants you know..…the more the merrier!